CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5 Years

Today marks my 5 year wedding anniversary. It seems like it has been so much longer, but then at times it doesn't seem like it has been that long at all.
Michael started a new job yesterday and thankfully he is working close to home! Not only is he lucky for that, but with this new job we get free water! Sounds like no bid deal right? Wrong! Especially if any of you have water through Johnson Utilities! Boy oh boy do they like to nickle and dime! So that in itself is big news! I am happy for him and to see how excited he is that he will finally be working again after a 6 month period of going from employed to unemployed, back to employed and so on and so on... He is most happy about the physical work he will be doing and the chance to lose some weight. Although I think he is perfect just the way he is, if it makes him happy, then I am too.

So what are our plans to celebrate? Well, since today is Thursday and Michael is working Saturdays with this new job, we plan to go to YC's, a new Willis Family favorite!, followed by a drive in movie. (drive in movie subject to change as my allergies have gotten the best of me these last couple days :(.

Things have definitely been looking up for our family lately. There are some big changes in store so right now we are all going with the flow of things. Michael has really made some awesome changes and his true self has really shown through. He was always a good dad, but now, after spending so much time at home with the kids, he has bonded with them on a different level than before. The kids admire him, want to spend lots of time with him and cry if he leaves. They always have to know where dad is at all times. Darren is a mini Michael and Jaycee knows just what to say to put a smile on his face. The other day Michael told a friend that Darren just went through a growth spurt. All I could think was who are you and where is Michael? hahaha. I love it though! I love that he pays attention to those kind of things and notices the funny quirks and things that the kids say. I love that when I got home from work he would tell me how the kids were that day and still have a smile on his face.

Here is to 5 years, and many many more to come!

1 comments:

The Hoffman Family said...

PAHAHAHAHAH! the famous "whoppers" shirt lol That camping trip was the funnest!!! What was my shirt? Junior mints?